- To enter the Competition,
entrants must first have applied for and been accepted (in writing) onto one of
three courses run by York St John University at its London Campus,
- Fashion Business Creation; or
- Design Business Creation; or
- Fitness Business Creation, referred to collectively as the (“Scholarship Courses”).
Details of how to apply for the Scholarship Courses and help in doing so can be found on the University’s London Campus website: www.ysulondon.ac.uk.
- The Scholarship Courses attached to the Competition are only open to entrants who are eligible to pay home (UK) or EU fees, except for employees of the Promoters, their immediate family, sponsors of the Competition and their employees directly associated with the administration of the Competition.
- The Scholarship Courses are only available for an entrant who has been accepted by the University to begin one of the Scholarship Courses in October 2019. There will be no alternative in the event of deferment or withdrawal. The Promoters reserve the right to obtain proof of acceptance to the Scholarship Courses from the entrant and to refuse entry or to choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- All Entries made by the entrant can only be submitted once accepted onto one of the Scholarship courses. Application links will be provided in the offer letter, which will be issued by the York St John University Admissions Team.
- To enter the Competition,
entrants accepted on one of Scholarship Courseswill be sent a link by the University to enable them to enter the Competition
as part of their acceptance email communication from the University. To enter
the Competition, entrants must submit each of the three elements required for
- A five hundred word description of your business idea; and
- A video of up to five minutes that explains the business idea; and
- A summary of up to one hundred words explaining why the scholarship should apply to you on the basis of financial need, explaining any financial barriers experienced that limit the prospects of undertaking Master’s level study and explain how the scholarship would help to remove or address these barriers (“Entry” or “Entries”).
- All Entries for the Competition must be completed and submitted between 9am on 15th May 2019 and midnight on July 31st 2019 (“Competition Period”). Late entries cannot be considered. Entrants should therefore apply to the Scholarship Courses sufficiently in advance the Competition Period.
- All entrants (including the winner) must comply with any reasonable directions given to him or her by the Promoters in connection with the Competition. Failure to comply with such directions may result in an invalid Entry and/or withdrawal of the Competition.
- Entries that are found to be in excess of the stated word limit may not be considered.
Winner Selection – Judging
- The winner of the Competition will be announced on York St John University’s London Campus website on or before 23rd August 2019 (“Announcement Date”).
- The winner will be selected
by a judging panel consisting of staff from the University and Boohoo in one or
more rounds by apply the following criteria:
- Innovation (25%); and
- Commercial Viability (25%); and
- Sustainability and fairness from the perspective of both people and the planet (25%); and
- Commitment to establishing a viable business (25%).
- The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the email address provided with the competition entry (“Winner”). The Promoter will ask the Winner to provide further details in relation to the Prize (the “Details”).The Winner must provide the Details in order to claim the Prize.
- If any Winner
fails to provide their Details to the Promoter within 48 hours of the Promoter
contacting the Winner and asking them to provide the Details in accordance with
clause 11 then the Promoters acting in its absolute discretion may:
- make further attempts to contact that Winner; and/or
- withdraw the Prize from that Winner.
- If the Winner is declined by a Winner or is withdrawn from a Winner by the Promoter, the declining or forfeiting Winner will continue to be subject to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions; and the Promoter may offer the Prize to a new Winner by Judging in accordance with Clause 10.
- Decisions of the judging panel will be final and will not be subject to any right of appeal.
- The prize is a scholarship for one of the Scholarship Courses to the value of £9300 which shall be offset against the Winner’s tuition fee liability and will be payable directly to the University by Boohoo. For avoidance of doubt there shall no cash equivalent (“Prize”).
- Other costs outside of the Prize including but not limited to accommodation shall remain the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable and the Winner cannot request an alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
- The Prize is subject to availability.
- There will be a total of two (2) Winner’s announced.
- The Promoters reserves the right to publish each Winner’s name and Entry on the Promoter’s official social media accounts, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and on its website found at www.boohoo.com and www.yorksj.ac.uk
- By entering the Competition, if you are a Winner you agree to your Entry being published in accordance with clause 20 and to take part in and co-operate fully with all reasonable publicity accompanying or resulting from this Competition without further recompense.
- Any Entry that is deemed by the Promoters, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, discriminatory, offensive or which may otherwise bring the Competition or Promoter into disrepute will be excluded from the Competition and the Promoter reserves the right to take any further action in respect of such Entry that it deems appropriate.
- The Promoter will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Promoter to disclose the identity of or to locate anyone creating any content as part of the Entry which infringes any third party rights or is in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or any applicable law.
Use and display of Entries and copyright
- The copyright subsisting in the Entry must belong to the entrant. Entrants will retain copyright in the Entries they submit. Entrants must not have infringed the rights of any other party or breached any laws when submitting their Entries. If an Entry contains reference to or images of a person, the consent of that person (or their parent or guardian if they are under 18) must have been obtained.
- By submitting an Entry:
- you licence and grant the Promoters, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media including, but not limited to the Promoter’s website, social media accounts, marketing materials, newsletters and promotional material without further compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability;
- you waive any moral rights or similar rights in respect of your entry to which you may be entitled (at the time of submission or in the future) under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended time to time or under any similar applicable laws in force from time to time in force anywhere in the world;
- you agree to the Promoters having access to your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations; and
- Except for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter
or its agents or representatives or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation,
neither the Promoter, nor its agents or representatives assume responsibility
- any Prize that is not redeemed;
- any personal property;
- any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure;
- any system failures or malfunctions of any third party websites;
- any incomplete, lost, delayed or late Entries;
- any failure to fulfil obligations of any third parties involved in this Competition;
- any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the participants in the Competition howsoever arising from participating in the Competition;
- communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this Competition;
- inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet, or any website (including without limitation any social media web sites) or any combination thereof through dial up, broadband, mobile internet or WAP connections;
- any injury or damage to a participant which may be related to or arising from the Competition or the Prize;
- if for any reason the Competition or any website in connection with the Competition is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer, virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion; and/or
- any other matter outside of their reasonable control.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights.
- To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law are expressly excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
- The Winners agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoter, its
group of companies and their officers, employees and agents from and against
all liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including legal and other
professional fees) arising out of or in connection with any allegations or
claims resulting directly or indirectly from:
- their Entry into this Competition; and/or
- their receipt and use of any Prize.
- Except for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter or its agents or representatives or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, neither the Promoter, nor its agents or representatives assume responsibility for:
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions if it has reasonable grounds for doing so. Any changes to the Competition or these Terms and Conditions will be announced by the Promoter through its Instagram accounts.
- By entering the Competition you accept these Terms and Conditions as in force at the time you submit your Entry.
- Any person who provides their Details to the Promoter in connection with
this Competition accepts:
- these Terms and Conditions; and
- the use of their personal data by the Promoter:
- for the purpose of administration of the Competition (including publishing the names of the Winners and any administration and judging relating to the Prize); and
- any other purpose for which they have consented.
And https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/about/departments–directorates/directorate-of-marketing–student-recruitment/about-our-website/privacy-policy/No responsibility can be accepted for lost Entries or incomplete Entries. Proof of Entry is not proof of receipt.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or part of any
provision) is found by any court or other competent authority to be invalid,
unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
- If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the Promoter.
- No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms and Conditions or by law or any abandonment of any such right or remedy shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- For the names of the Winners or for a copy of these Terms and Conditions please send a stamped addressed envelope together with your written request to The Boohoo Scholarship Competition to Admissions, York St John University, Lord Mayor’s Walk, York, YO31 7EX or email@example.com
- The Competition, these Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim which may arise out of or in connection with the Competition or these terms.