Now the lockdown is coming to an end, it can be easy to get overwhelmed and not have a moment to yourself. That’s why this Mental Health Awareness Week we are asking you to focus on your own well being. Here at boohooMAN we have put together a selection of resources we’re using to promote positive well being and encourage you to put your mental health first.
Remember it’s not a race, so ditch the timeline that you think your life should be following. Trust that everything is unfolding as it should.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TOO:
Whether you are getting your steps in or commuting to work, here are some podcasts to support you
- James Smith Podcasts https://open.spotify.com/show/5iEtvU8Fhzkgn7M22GmnaF
- The High Performance Podcast https://open.spotify.com/show/3WKI7p6tuq6kJRw1xfRS7Q
- The Mindset Mentor https://open.spotify.com/show/706hylM6zaDW8LrrYxcggQ
- Maintenance Phase https://open.spotify.com/show/3rDR8CfpIEMpITG2UC3w5W
- The Diary Of A CEO by Steven Bartlett https://open.spotify.com/show/7iQXmUT7XGuZSzAMjoNWlX
- Simon Sinek on Confidence https://open.spotify.com/episode/3F87atFSeeurx8RPvBeL3k
WHAT WE’RE EATING:
Your nutrition and diet are essential for maintaining a positive outlook. Check out these recipes which detail how each food can help support your mental health and explore the relationship between what you eat and how you feel. Here’s some of our favourite mood-boosting recipes.
- 26 Recipes to Seriously Boost Your Mood – Each recipe goes into detail about what it specifically helps fights (depression, anxiety, mood etc) https://greatist.com/happiness/25-meals-boost-your-mood
- Food and mood – Explores the relationship between what you eat and how you feel, including tips on how to incorporate healthy eating into your life. https://greatist.com/happiness/25-meals-boost-your-mood
- Brain-boosting recipes – BBC Good Food – Recipes packed with nutrients to help you feel more focused, refreshed and alert. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/brain-boosting-recipes
- Men’s Health Recipes – Recipes specifically for men – covers food to help gain muscle, stay lean, eat healthy. https://www.menshealth.com/uk/nutrition/recipes/
- Eat More Mood-Boosting Foods Using These Expert Tactics https://www.bhg.com/recipes/healthy/eating/mood-boosting-foods/
WHAT WE’RE READING
Pause to read or listen to an audio book. The following books can help guide you towards a better headspace.
- Notes On A Nervous Planet
- How To Survive The End Of The World (When It’s In Your Own Head)
- Boys Don’t Cry
- Man Down: A Guide for Men on Mental Health
- This Book Could Help: The Men’s Head Space Manual
WHAT WE’RE WATCHING
Who doesn’t enjoy binge watching a series or being engrossed in a documentary. These favourites may have some relevance to you and we hope they can inspire you to continue on.
- Minimalism – Netflix Documentary
- It’s Kind Of A Funny Story – Film
- “I’m Fine” – Ted Talk on YouTube https://youtu.be/IDPDEKtd2yM
- How to manage your mental health | Leon Taylor – TED Talk https://youtu.be/rkZl2gsLUp4
MENTAL HEALTH HELPLINES AND RESOURCES
We, boohoo and boohooMAN have joined forces with our #MENTALHEALTHMATTERS campaign to speak up about Mental Health. If you are struggling with your mental health, we want to make sure you know that there is support out there. Friends and family can be key for offering advice but if you feel like you need some professional advice, or know someone who does, here are some charity helplines and websites that can help.
Don’t be afraid to ask for support.
MIND– A mental health awareness and support charity set up to help those in need. Phone: 0300 123 3393 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm)
Samaritans– Call this helpline for confidential support if you are experiencing feelings of distress. Phone: 116 123 (free and available 24 hours a day)
Anxiety UK– this charity helpline offers support if you have been diagnosed with anxiety Phone: 03444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 10pm; Saturday to Sunday, 10am to 8pm)
Head to the official NHS website for more information and support lines for anxiety, stress support, Financial Hardship, Isolation and other mental health conditions.
American Foundation for Suicide prevention – https://afsp.org/get-help
The Jed foundation – https://www.jedfoundation.org/
Headspace – https://headspace.org.au/
Robbie’s Hope – https://robbies-hope.com/
R YOU OK? – https://www.ruok.org.au/
Sane – https://www.sane.org/
Beyond Blue – https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
Men’s Line Australia – https://mensline.org.au/?utm_source=TalkingEgg&utm_campaign=TalkingEgg
Suicide Ecoute – https://www.suicide-ecoute.fr/
Jugend Support – https://www.jugend.support/
Seelsorge – https://www.telefonseelsorge.de/
German Society for Help with Depression – https://www.deutsche-depressionshilfe.de/start
Crisis Text Line – https://www.crisistextline.org/
Befrienders – https://www.befrienders.org/