At the boohoo Group we want to play our part too, so we listened to the customer requests we received, many of which came directly from NHS staff. As a result, we are supporting the wonderful NHS teams in the following ways.
- We have worked with the National Health Trust and our suppliers to produce thousands of sets of medical scrubs, which will be donated to the Manchester University NHS Trust who support 10 hospitals across the NW. We are also in the process of creating additional PPE including medical grade gowns.
- Thousands of the sets of scrubs have been produced with the support of our UK manufacturing network.
- Donated thousands of basic items of clothing (t-shirts, hoodies, joggers, PJ’s, tights, socks and footwear) to medical staff to wear under their scrubs or to relax in when they have finished their shifts.
- We have gifted two hundred tablet computers so that patients can stay connected with their families who cannot visit them in person. *These have been donated to the The MRI, St. Helens & Knowsley, Aintree, Royal Liverpool, Salford Royal and Mid-Cheshire.
- We are supporting Manchester City Council by donating boxes to food banks to help them get much needed food out to those in need.
- Every brand in the group have donated boxes of comfy clothing to medical staff across the UK.
- Created two NHS charity t-shirts (available here: NHS charity t-shirts). All proceeds from the sale of this product will be donated to Manchester Foundation Trust Charity, Reg no 1049274.